[Devel] [ openser-Feature Requests-1696125 ] LCR Gateway Priority

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 9 16:05:31 CEST 2007

Feature Requests item #1696125, was opened at 2007-04-07 14:08
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by osas
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743023&aid=1696125&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: None

Initial Comment:
With the current LCR module (1.2.0) we have the ability to send prefixes to a certain group of gateways with the specified group id and priority field in the lcr table.

I have the need to prioritize the gateways within a gateway group. Right now if you have 3 gateways in a group, your traffic will get sent to one of the gateways in a random fashion. I want to be able to choose which of the gateways out of the group gets used.

Scenario as follows:
My SIP peer has 3 gateways that that I can send traffic to.  However, they prefer that I send traffic to their primary gateway and only use the other two if the first one fails.

Seems like this can be accomplished by adding a priority field in the gateways table so we can choose which server within a group to send traffic to.

Comment By: Ovidiu Sas (osas)