[Devel] SRV defaults to UDP only

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Apr 5 16:27:01 CEST 2007

Hi Tim,

if there is no NAPTR record, the protocol to be used is selected based
on RUR information - if this does not contain any specific info (like
transport parameter), UDP is used by default.

when doing DNS failover, you do not do it based on your server
capabilities, but on the destination server capabilities. If NAPTR is
not available, you have no clue what proto the destination server
supports, so you cannot do a failover based on protocol.....

at least this is my understanding :)

regards,
bogdan