[Devel] Race conditions in TM, SER implementation, etc...

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Apr 2 11:53:43 CEST 2007

On Monday 02 April 2007 11:28, Jerome Martin wrote:
> I do NOT have any factual evidence in my hands as of today that would
> factually point to a defect
> in either TM or timers leading to defective behavior of OpenSER 1.2. I
> do not even currently THINK there are.

Hello Jérôme,

no need to shout. :-) OpenSER 1.2 is actually only a few weeks old. If there
are any problems, they will show up over the time, as more and more people
use this release.

> However, as an OpenSER user, I feel concerned when someone with a
> superior technical expertise than mine (yes Jiri, that's you :-) ) suggests
> there might be ye.

Any reasonable sized software project have bugs, this is not the question. But
if you have a good testing infrastructure in your company, and good
developers (as present on this list) the are all manageable.

In my opionion there is no need to be alienated from anybody with superior
technical knowledge, but lacking insight into the current release. ;-)

> I'm looking for a confirmation to a suggested potential issue in the
> code. Such confirmation, I feel, would be a POSITIVE confirmation (pointing
> out an actual problem in 1.2).
> I infer from the 2 previous points that I am not expecting a NEGATIVE
> confirmation [...]

As stated on this list, and in the README of the tm module, tm is one of the
more complicated modules. So unavoidable there will be still bugs present.
But don't need to be frightened, just test the code, or trust if over the
time enough other people will do the tests.