[Devel] CVS commitlog: sip-server/modules/domain README domain.c domain_mod.c sip-server/modules/domain/doc domain_user.sgml

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Sat Sep 30 21:46:44 CEST 2006

On Saturday 30 September 2006 20:34, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> dan,
>
> as an author of domain module, i have a couple of questions:
>
> - why didn't you remove is_uri_host_local() and is_from_local()
>   functions?  i don't like adding stuff without getting rid of
> redundant code.

Because I didn't want to make such drastic changes to code I didn't write,
considering that this is your call to make. I merely fixed the function I
previously wrote to behave more in line with the new pseudo variable and
AVP notation specs in 1.1.x.

Besides I remember you have adverse reactions to code which you consider
to introduce performance issues, and clearly is_domain_local is somewhat
slower than the other 2, given it has to parse AVP specs. So I had no
idea if you wanted to preserve them old functions for performance reasons
or not. As I said, it is not my call to make, this commit was merely a
fix to existing code not a module revamping.

That being said, if you ask me, then yes I agree that we do not need to
keep the old functions around now that there is a completely generic way
to check for local domains and I also do not believe that the performance
penalty the AVP parsing introduces is worth worrying about.

> - in w_is_domain_local, why do you use xl_printf_s to get the domain
>   instead of (i would assume) faster xl_get_spec_value?

Mainly because I didn't know about the latter. Feel free to replace it as
long as you think it's better and it doesn't change the behavior.
xl_printf_s however allows you to combine several elements. I don't know
if this behavior can be helpful in some cases, but it would be an
argument in deciding between the 2.

--
Dan