[Devel] loop detection fix

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Sep 14 13:56:56 CEST 2006

Juha Heinanen wrote:

>Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
>
> > yes, same elements....instead of parsing and getting all and build the
> > ID, just get (let's say) the callid and check it; if different -> exit;
> > no loop ; if matches, proceed with method name, and so on.
>
>that would work if all existing transactions are kept in shared memory
>to which all openser processes have access.

yes, the needed transaction are already in memory - for a request to
loop it means that it has a previous passage trough your proxy. So
basically you need to check only the transactions from the same hash entry.

>i wonder why this is not discussed in the i-d.

probably the implementation I'm talking about works only for statefull
more (as you need the transactions).

the proposed algorithm in the draft is more general.

regards,
bogdan