[Devel] loop detection fix

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Sep 8 14:11:14 CEST 2006

Juha Heinanen wrote:

>Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
> >
> > 1) it;s much much faster - if  I need to encode all into an ID, I need
> > to parse all the elements which prove a bit expensive...not to count the
> > encoding; if I do sequential checking with all elements, I can stop at
> > the first difference (ex; check first the callid - if match, continue
> > with from tag, etc).
>
>so when initial request comes in, openser checks if it has existing
>transaction with the same method, callid and request uri?

yes, same elements....instead of parsing and getting all and build the
ID, just get (let's say) the callid and check it; if different -> exit;
no loop ; if matches, proceed with method name, and so on.

as you can see, if not a loop, the processed elements is quite less ;
you may exit after callid, cseq, uri, etc..

regards,
bogdan