[Devel] PostgreSQL Module Updates

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Tue Oct 31 23:19:47 CET 2006

Hello List,

I would like to thank Greg Fausak / Andy Fullford for providing the initial PostgreSQL implementation over three years ago.

There have been some pretty extensive updates to the postgres module recently.

Below is a brief list of the changes:

1. All memory allocation/deallocation are now performed by the pkg_* memory management routines that are used by the rest of OpenSER.

2. Connection pooling has been implemented by the same base routines that the mysql module currently uses.

3. Fetch support has been implemented.  It appears that currently, only the usrloc module takes advantage of this feature.

4. Many sanity checks have been added and some reasonable defaults are assumed when an invalid value is detected.

5. General code refurbishment and the addition of many comments has taken place.

6. Some of the files have been renamed and/or combined to make it easier to locate subroutines.

7. Renamed many subroutines with pg_ prefix to be globally unique across OpenSER.

If anyone would like more detailed information about these changes, I would be happy to answer them.
Please post any questions to the list for the benefit of the rest of the community.

Regards,
Norm