[Devel] bug with security concerns

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Oct 27 17:31:47 CEST 2006

Hi Elias,

yes, it is good point.
even if 1.0.0 is an old version (the actual stable one is 1.1.0) we will
try to fix it as I guess there are people still using it.

indeed, there are a lot f places (as Ron showed) where function without
size limit are used, but in some case, by doing there is no way of a
overflow (Ex: if I print an integer is a buffer of 12 chars, for sure it
will not overflow).
But we should double check all of them to be sure.

I will appreciate if you can upload this on the tracker to have it in sight.

Thanks and regards,
Bogdan