[Devel] msg->id unique???

Carsten Bock openser-list at qbiz.de
Tue Oct 24 19:02:23 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

I have just seen a strange phenomenon with "msg->id" field, which,
according to the source should be unique per thread.

 From parser/msg_parser.h, line 161:
[...]
struct sip_msg {
    unsigned int id;               /* message id, unique/process*/
[...]

We use this field for minimzing Database-Lookups so we do some lookups
just once per request. But now we found some very few examples (e. g.
maybe 2-3 times per 1000 Requests), were this id was the same for
different requests per thread and this caused some trouble on our proxy.
I did see, the call-id of the request was different, but the id was the
same.
The calls were generated by an Asterisk (SIP) calling another Asterisk
(E1) via an Cisco Mediagateway.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Carsten