[Devel] [ openser-Patches-1344272 ] Carrier ENUM support according to draft-haberler-carrier-enu

Otmar Lendl ol at bofh.priv.at
Tue Oct 24 12:39:08 CEST 2006

On 2006/10/24 12:10, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Klaus Darilion writes:
>
>  > This would at least require to remove the is_e164() check from
>  > enum_query_2, as the ENUM domain in ienum (interims solution) may have
>  > letters in it, e.g.
>  > 8.8.8.8.4.3.0.2.7.i.3.4.e164.arpa
>
> klaus,
>
> that is correct.

It's even a bit worse, als the label which you insert is not
restricted to a single letter. It could just as well be
"8.8.8.8.4.3.0.2.7.mms-routing.3.4.e164.arpa", thus you can't
just use a simple inversion algorithm.

> i'll try to re-organize the current implementation so
> that construction of the name gets separated from the actual query.  it
> will take a couple of days because of my other commitments.

That's a good idea.

The code right now (IIRC) basically does the same inline in enum_query_3.
Moving that piece of code to seperate functions definitly makes sense.

/ol
--
-=-  Otmar Lendl  --  ol at bofh.priv.at  -=-