[Users] Re: [Devel] new presence server

Chris Robson Chris.Robson at nrl.navy.mil
Mon Oct 23 23:02:05 CEST 2006

Daniel

Not sure you got my update testing since I never see my mail on the
mailing list (*sign*), anyway, I've done some good testing with Gaim
"SIMPLE" and everything works so far.  However, and this is most likely
a Gaim issue, Gaim sends in the "Contact" porting of a SUBSCRIBE, as
"username at host's default IP".  There are two issues with this.  One if
your configured like I am, using an OpenVPN tunnel, the tunnels address
isnt used which means the user is never seen and you can't have multiple
SIMPLE domains defined in Gaim.  The work around is to edit the Gaim
"prefs.xml" file to at least have one domain working.  Anyway, I'm
trying to look into Gaim and see how to correct this action as part of
my testing of OpenSER/Presence.  Another issue (or not) is seeing
watchers set to active when they arent logged into the server, should
this be set to inactive? (not sure I understand all the
presntity-watcher stuff yet so I must be mis-reading)

l8r....Chris

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> I did some tests with openwengo (old one I guess), it had problems
> with updating presence information properly. It does not preserve ETag
> header, thus will look like new presence information, rather than
> update of the previous one.
>
> The ng version looked very unstable at that moment.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

> On 10/23/06 18:07, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> samuel wrote:
>>> There's also openwengo-ng...but I haven't been able to compile it
>>> (yet!!) on a linux platform.
>>
>> and me not on Windows ;-)

Christopher L Robson
Senior Computer Scientist