[Devel] [ openser-Patches-1580451 ] Patch for DB-API / mysql Module (last_inserted_id)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 19 13:24:24 CEST 2006

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=1580451&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: core
Group: ver 1.1.x

Initial Comment:
I already posted this to the mailing list, but received
no reply, so i thought putting in into the tracker
would be a good idea.

Hi everybody,

I am not really sure, if anyone excepts me needs this
functionality, but however:
I extended the OpenSER-Database-API and the
mySQL-Module with an "last_inserted_id" method. This
method returns the last inserted ID of an
INSERT-statement, in case the table has an
auto-increment field.
I did only implement this functionality in the mySQL
module; i took a look in the PostgreSQL-Docs and i did
not find an according functionality in the
postgres-C-API.... (to be honest: since we do not use
postgres in this project, i did not spend too much time
searching...)
What do you think?

Kind regards,
Carsten