[Devel] asynchronous DNS

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Oct 12 11:39:34 CEST 2006

Hello,

we were investigating the issue at a moment, it is not that very easy to
add, but it is in roadmap, maybe with not so high priority as it should.
We considered that using some cached DNS in the system should avoid
delays of queries. This not solves the DoS as you said, so a solution
should be investigated.

By protectiong your network so that only local users can call outside
domains, you protect yourself a bit. Only if you act as an open relay,
then you expose a lot. The usual policy should be: anybody can call my
users and my users can call anybody, I would not recommend anybody to
anybody on a server.