[Devel] Re: [Users] Request for discussion: FIFO to MI migration

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Oct 10 12:02:12 CEST 2006

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:

 > As the number of affected function is really small, my suggestion is to
 > have a small unixsock/fifo proxy to translate from old version to new
 > one  (in case if we do not find a nicer way to ensure compat with serweb
 > and sems).

the proxy is fine as long as it is part of sems and not a separate
process like fifo_server is.  perhaps a filter would be a better term.
in case of sems, also sip replies need to get there.

i'm not worried about serweb compatibility, because there is
corresponding openser application in the works.

-- juha