[Devel] Presence module + Oracle

Alex _alex_ at ukr.net
Thu Nov 30 17:04:40 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to work with presence module using Oracle database (via unixodbc).
I have got db tables scripts from wiki (http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/presence:database-tables) and have adopted them for Oracle:

1. removed NOT NULL modifier for watchers.reason, active_watchers.event_id, active_watchers.record_route and active_watchers.version.
2. changed xcap_xml.xcap and presentity.body type to clob.
3. renamed xcap.user to xcap.username.

I've made some changes in presence module source:

1. ignoring nullable columns (set var.s = "", var.len = 0 for strings and var = 0 for integer)
2. renamed "user" field to "username".
3. replacing single qoutes with double quotes in xml

Changes work for dbtext (which have the same issues with not null columns) but with unixodbc OpenSER crashes with segmentation fault in different places of program flow.

I'm also tried oracle module, that was found at http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/experimental/oracle/, but it complains to nested calls to db_query and doesn't work.

OpenSER: development version from snapshots
Client used: X-Lite 3.0

Can anyone advice solution for Oracle support in OpenSER?