[Devel] Re: [Serusers] Re: Fw: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Weiter Leiter bp4mls at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:06:39 CET 2006

On 11/27/06, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul <andrei at iptel.org> wrote:

> This get funny... :-)
> Well this is a bug that appears _only_ when _variable_ timers are used
> (which should not be used with the old tm code anyway) and only if you
> catch a race (rather large, ~ 2 sec) and the worst that will happen is
> that you'll have a timer extended to another value (last variable timer
> used). Very dangerous :-)

I think so too!
VoIP doesn't quite feel at home on the land of five nines. Misbehaviours was
all that was missing.
I have to vote with Bogdan's "stability over performance".

But I also have to appreciate the very fast fix. The responsiveness seems to
have improved dramatically lately. Let's hope for durability.

WL.