[Devel] MI protocol enhancement

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Nov 28 12:20:59 CET 2006

Hi Dan,

the issues you are referring are not directly related to the MI
interface, but to the modules implementing transports for it (like fifo,
unixsock, xmlrpc, etc).

so, the syntax part is managed by the transport modules and can be
different from transport to transport.

as yo said, for FIFO it is not an issue as it a stream like connection -
you read until the other party closes the connection.

we will consider this aspects when we will develop new module,
especially the one oriented on DATAGRAM communication.

regards,
bogdan