[Devel] no zlib compression on 64bit system

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Nov 24 18:30:57 CET 2006

Hi Jens,

there is a bug in libssl version 0.9.8:

     zlib compression does work correctly anymore in multi-process env. due
     problem with mem. allocation functions. Fix: disable compression.

openser automatically turns off the zlib compression for this version
(and that warning is generated). Maybe you have different libssl version
on the two machines; it has nothing to do with the architecture.

regards,
bogdan