[Devel] Patch: cfg.y bug fix - tls_require_client_certificate has no effect

Thu Nov 23 16:14:28 CET 2006

Hi!

This is fixed in stable and CVS (and another small bug which had no
impact at all).

Just a question: certificate validation is turned off by default. IMO
this should be turned on by default.

Thus, I suggest changing the default in openser CVS to "validation=on"
and leave it in stable (1.1.x) as it is "validation=off".

What do you think about that?

thanks
klaus

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks - I will take care of it.
>
> regards
> klaus
>

> phgs at free.fr wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> Issue:
>>
>> Whatever the value of tls_require_client_certificate, client
>> certificates are
>> NEVER mandatory to connect using TLS.
>>
>> I added the following lines in the openser.cfg file:
>>
>>     tls_verify_client = 1
>>     tls_require_client_certificate = 1
>>
>> But after restarting openser, I still could connect without any client
>> certificate and I found this message in the openser logs:
>>
>>     Nov 23 15:09:53 localhost openser: TLS: Client verification
>> activated.
>> Client certificates are NOT mandatory.
>>

>> Patch:
>>
>> The value found in the configuration file must be stored in
>> tls_default_server_domain->require_client_cert instead of
>> tls_default_client_domain->require_client_cert.
>>

>> 690c690
>> < tls_default_server_domain->require_client_cert=$3;
>> ---
>>> tls_default_client_domain->require_client_cert=$3;
>>

>> Regards,
>> Philippe

Klaus Darilion
nic.at