[Devel] null vs. n/a in radius accounting

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri May 19 16:29:46 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 05/19/06 13:44, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> last week i sent a message about "n/a" value versus leaving radius
> attribute out if src/dst leg AVP is not defined.  now i noticed that if
> extra attribute is bound to an AVP which is not defined, value of the
> corresponding radius attribute is "null".

this is because of different ways of processing. While "n/a" is filled
by the acc, the "null" is filled by pseudo-variable handler. As you
said, some consistency has to be done. I will take care of it. The
pseudo-variable handler set the NULL flag of the returned value and
fills the string value with "null" fields and integer value with 0.