[Devel] loose_route() incorrectly strict routing locally forwarded messages

Tavis P tavis.lists at galaxytelecom.net
Tue May 16 07:03:19 CEST 2006

Tavis P wrote:
> Replies
>
> I'll make sure to spend some time today to get you some better information
>
> tavis
>

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Hi Tavis,
>>
>> what messages are you referring to? requests or replies? some more
>> info? maybe I will be able to help you with..
>>
>> regards,
>> bogdan
>>
>> Tavis P wrote:
>>

>>> I've encountered some problems with the suggested workarounds, when the
>>> alias' are set to include the server port there seems to be some
>>> problems with the tm module "missing" (not realizing they are meant for
>>> itself) some messages and forwarding them instead.
>>>
>>> I havn't had the time to debug this observation properly, i'm hoping to
>>> be able too in the coming weeks.  I think right now forwarding messages
>>> to another port on the same server is very broken.  I'll a little
>>> disclaimer in the wiki section on alias

I've spent several hours over the past week trying to reproduce the
behaviour i was seeing a month ago and nothing came of it

Local and external forwarding is working well (although i did have to
remove the alias=127.0.0.1 statements and set listen=$external_ip) with
the ports added to the aliase definitions

Thanks again for all your help