[Devel] [ openser-Patches-1344272 ] Carrier ENUM support according to draft-haberler-carrier-enu

Mon May 15 17:58:47 CEST 2006

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Klaus Darilion writes:
>
>  > It is not a moving target anymore. Regarding wide support: That depends
>  > if there is software available that supports it (chicken - egg problem?).
>
> then why are none of the drafts you refer to working group documents?

At least I referred to one working group item, but the problem is it
will take at least one year for ie164.arpa to come. Should we wait till
next year before doing infrastructure ENUM?

I know you do not like to add features which are not useful for
everybody - but I hope that infrastructure ENUM will be useful for
others too and they will start sooner as the ie164.arpa becomes available.

I know things would be much easier if it would be a standalone module,
but it really does not make much sense to copy 99% of the enum module
int a new ienum module. Further it requires changes to the core
(resolve.c) to support TXT records and the EBL record. This is why
integration with openser would be nice.

regards
klaus