[Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1476285 ] installs to wrong libdir

Ron Winacott ronw at somanetworks.com
Tue May 2 17:24:05 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 11:10, SourceForge.net wrote:

> Comment By: Daniel-Constantin Mierla (miconda)
> Date: 2006-05-02 04:32
>
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=1246013
>
> Is /usr/lib64 the default for 64b architectures? I try to
> figure out if should be used for all 64b archs or just for some.

The FHS states that yes this is the standard, if assuming the
implementation is compliant. See

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLTQUALGTALTERNATEFORMATLIBRARI

of the http://www.pathname.com/fhs/ doc for the full story, but the
short is, /lib<qual> and /usr/lib<qual> are the standard places for
664bit systems where in this case, <qual> = 64

ronw

--
Ron Winacott - SOMA Networks, Inc.
Work: 1-416-348-1580 - ronw at somanetworks.com
Home: 1-905-433-8913 - karwin at gmail.com
Cell: 1-905-431-1587
---
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build
bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to
produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning
 - Unknown