[Devel] uac_replace_from problem

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 14 20:32:13 CET 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 20:05, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> >it would be nice to solve this. one of the important uses for
> >uac_replace_from is to make a call anonymous. there is not much
> > anonymity if your fullname is sent in every subsequent message after
> > the first invite.
>
> I agree with you - instead of trying to restore the From display, what
> about removing it all the time from the sequential requests?

I don't mind much as long as the problem is solved without breaking
something else. However as I understand it if you remove it when you
forward, you will also be unable to restore it on its way back. Can an
UAC have problems if it doesn't receive back the From header it has sent?
Is it possible that an UAC may use the From/To field to identify the call?
What does the RFC say about what these fields can be used for?

--
Dan