[Devel] uac_replace_from problem

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 14 18:25:13 CET 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 18:52, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Pascu wrote:
> >uac_replace_from used in auto replace mode won't replace the From
> > header in subsequent requests if they are formatted in strict routing
> > mode.
>
> it might be possible, since I haven't put my hands on a strict router
> device to test...I will take a look...

cisco phones and adapters use strict routing when formatting messages
I can give you a trace of such a call if you need.

> > if
> >they are formatted in loose routing mode the header will be replaced,
> > but only the aor (the display name will not be replaced as it was
> > with the first message in the dialog).
>
> yes, this is a known limitation.

it would be nice to solve this. one of the important uses for
uac_replace_from is to make a call anonymous. there is not much anonymity
if your fullname is sent in every subsequent message after the first
invite.

--
Dan