[Devel] uac-Module CSeq

Wed Mar 8 19:50:07 CET 2006

On Wed, March 8, 2006 17:25, Thomas Müller said:
> Hi list,
>
> I tried to authenticate openser at Asterisk and run
> into the cseq-error. (Asterisk is hard RFC-konform and
> ignores the second INVITE with the same cseq;
> uac-module is not increasing it - as mentioned in the
> docu).
>
> Where is the problem increasing the cseq - I think it
> is not to add 1 to an integer-value (even if stored as
> struct str_) but there should be s.th. more.
> Where is the trap to fall in? To give the following
> transactions the right increased cseq?

Yes. (open)ser is stateless. Openser would have to increase the cseq also
in all further transaction, for which openser would have to be dialog
staeful.

a workaround:
decrease the Cseq for the first INVITE. This works only for the first
INVITE and will break if in-dialog requests are challenged.

regards
klaus