[Devel] rtpproxy code

Marco Holmer holmer at comdasys.com
Tue Mar 7 12:21:54 CET 2006

Ok, that was probably too unclear.
That's true, Klaus, rtpproxy works just fine with SRTP as it is just the RTP
payload which gets protected and thus is shuffeled back and forwards without
any changes hence no problems so far.
The integration is about bridging between two clients when the proxy runs at
the border of a network, say an internal UA talking RTP to the proxy, which
itself talks SRTP to the other endpoint on the outside.
This would probably require a change to the nathelper module as well, as it
must be signalled to the rtpproxy when to actually process
(protect/unprotect) the packets and what to do for which side.

regards,
Marco