[Devel] find_export("append_hf") - usage?

Daniel Hsueh dhsueh at somanetworks.com
Sat Mar 4 00:31:47 CET 2006

>> Instead of fighting with the struct lump mechanism, is it simply
>> easier to find the "append_hf" function and call it directly?
>
> you should take care of parameter format, since append_hf() uses a fixup
> for its parameters.

I tried calling append_hf in the following fashion:

   append_hf( p->req, (char*)elem, 0 );

where p is a tm module TMCB_REQUEST_IN callback, and elem is either
   - char*
   - str*
   - xl_elem_t* generated via
     xl_parse_format( "Header: value", &elem, XL_DISABLE_COLORS );
     (patterned after textops.c:it_list_fixup)

and I get SEGVs in all cases.

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?

(And due to the problems with str*, I believe the code in
modules/osp/sipheader.c:addOspHeader to be incorrect; comments?)

Daniel Hsueh                 mailto:dhsueh at somanetworks.com
SOMA Networks                           tel:+1-416-348-1631