[Devel] Improving force_rtp_proxy

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Mar 3 17:29:25 CET 2006

Hi Marc,

just to bring the topic on the focus...

I was thinking of a compromise solution between autodetection (which has
performance penalties - multiple rtpproxy command per message) and
configurable (to be performat and flexible, but still easy to use).

Here is my idea:

force_rtp_proxy() will accept a new flag "s" - swap creation with
confirmation (default : requests create and replies confirm).

As scripting:

route {
    if (ACK and has_body() )
       force_rtp_proxy("s");
    if (INVITE) {
       if (has_body())
           force_rtp_proxy();
       else
            force_rtp_proxy();
}

on_reply{
    if (isflagset(x))
        force_rtp_proxy("s");
    else
        force_rtp_proxy();
}

and that's all... If we agree on a solution, I would like to have this
fixed on CVS ASAP.

regards,
bogdan