[Devel] find_export("append_hf") - usage?

Daniel Hsueh dhsueh at somanetworks.com
Thu Mar 2 19:29:51 CET 2006

Hello,

I need to add a header to a sip message from within a module.

Instead of fighting with the struct lump mechanism, is it simply easier
to find the "append_hf" function and call it directly?  And how is
memory managed for the string passed in?  (My guess is that the caller
manages its own buffer, and the append_hf code stores its own copy --
this is suggested by the usage in modules/osp/sipheader.c and
modules/alias_db/alookup.c, yes?

(Or if someone wants to help me through the struct lump mechanism, I'll
try it.)

Thanks!

Daniel Hsueh                 mailto:dhsueh at somanetworks.com
SOMA Networks                           tel:+1-416-348-1631