[Devel] setting the AVP value from within C code (module)

Ron Winacott ronw at somanetworks.com
Mon Jun 19 16:34:34 CEST 2006

Hello all,
	I have the need to set the value of an AVP from within a modules C
code. I have the xl_spec/name of the AVP I need to set. I know how to
get the value, (xl_get_spec_value(...)) but I can't found anywhere in
the code where I can set the value. The value type in my case is an
int so I should not have a memory allocation/reallocation problem.

Can I just get the value (reference to it) and "blast" in the new
value?

int NewValue = 42;
xl_get_spec_value( req, spec, &xl_val, 0);
xl_val.ri = NewValue;

And if this is the case, how do I deal with a str(ing) AVP value?

Thanks
	ronw

---
Ron Winacott
Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done.