[Devel] adding extra information to the dialog module

Simon Morvan garphy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 12:38:03 CEST 2006

Hello there,

I use openser as a load balancing solution in front of several
servers. I need to
have "dialog stateful" facilities because I need to be able to route the
subsequent request coming from outside to the right server (the one which
received the initial invite) even if there is no information (route header, ...)
remaining in the request. (yes, i want to route requests that doesn't comply
with rfc3261).

I set up a custom module which use TM callbacks to track call and store, along
with callid, from and to,  the "source" ip address (of the INVITE) and the
"target" ip address (where the invite was sent).

The new release of openser feature the dialog module and i wanted to use it
because it is more "general purpose" and more maintainable that my custom
tailored module.

The problem is that I can't find a way to retrieve, in the parameters passed
to the callbacks of the dialog module, the "source" and "target" parameters
i used to get from the sip_msg i was able to get before. (msg->rcv)

Should I hack the dialog module itself to be able to retrieve this info or do I
missed something ?

Simon.