[Devel] Limit calls

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Jul 14 16:00:08 CEST 2006

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Henrique Ciriaco wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'd like to know if there is any way to limit the number of calls of
>> a certain username.
>

> short answer: no
>
> long answer: openser is not statefull, thus openser does not know if a
> user is currently calling or not. You could use the statistics module
> of the dialog module to count INVITEs and decrease on BYE.

there is no need for this - there is a pseudo-variable returning the
number of active calls:
       http://openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/dialog.html#AEN165

> But if BYEs get lost, your countings will be inaccurate.

that's true; but the module implements a dialog timeout. Even if on
short periods the hanged calls will be counted as active, on longer term
they will be terminated.