[Devel] kdevelop ?

Ron Winacott ronw at somanetworks.com
Thu Jul 6 20:15:02 CEST 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 11:15, Javier Ramirez wrote:
> Hi, I have a problem with my module,
> when I try debug using kdevelop, rhis don't show me a debug of my module,
> only show the debug of openser.
>
> How I configure kdevelop to see the debug of any module?
> or, can you recomend any program to use for this ?
> best regards
> Javier Ramirez

Javier,
	The problem is kdevelop must debug (attach its self to) a main process and
the modules in OpenSER/SER ae dynamically loaded libraries (*.so = shared
object) To debug the module code, you must attach/debug openser then set a
break point in your module code so when the openser.cfg
line "loadmodule /usr/local/openser/modules/YourMod.so" is run openser will
call dl_open() and locate the module expore structure. Then it will call the
modules exported initialization function. (mod_init() or something along
those lines, depending on what you called it., look at the source in the
struct module_exports exports { structure)

Once you have stopped the debugger in your module you should be able to see
the source, symbols, etc of your module and set break points.

The other issues (bigger one in my mind) is you must start openser
in "non-forking" mode to stop it from creating a bunch of listener processes
where in each one you are running a copy of your module. In the openser.cfg
set "fork=no" to stop it from forking. Also you waht to make sure you debug
the correct process. If you start openser, then run "openserctl ps" you will
see a list of processes. You what to debug the "receiver" process. It is the
one that will call into your module.

Hope this helps,
	ronw

--