[Devel] [ openser-Support Requests-1517597 ] openserctlrc

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Wed Jul 5 18:38:45 CEST 2006

Mike,

AFAIK, the openserctl script does not currently look at any database
tables for a list of valid groups.

I've implemented, locally, a table of ACL groups (descriptions) that a
PHP script manages.  It works fine over here.  Note that to remain
compatible, the grp column in the grp table must still contain a "name"
instead of a foreign key (id)  from the group_list table.  Thus, the
group_list table contains (id, grp, description, last_updated) columns.

If you implement the above, you might want to perform a similar task for
the usr_preferences table.  I found it useful as well.

Regards,
Norm