[Devel] rr-callbacks and dst-uri for Path and NAT

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Jan 26 14:09:39 CET 2006

Hi Andreas,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

>> The problem is, that the rr-module executes the callbacks before it
>> sets the dst-uri according to the uri of the current Route element.
>> Could the order probably be changed (first setting the dst-uri, then
>> executing rr-callbacks) to give the callback the chance to manipulate
>> the dst-uri?
>

> I will take a look to see what will be the implication of this swap.

I did some thinking on this matter and I think it might not be the case.
If you have a PATH hdr stored on the contact record, means that there is
a proxy (minimum) between the register and the UAC. Now, we have to cases:
    - that proxy has public address - in this case no received is set,
so there is no problem
    - that proxy has private address and advertise it - in this case
there is an received and for sure you want to use it to get to that
proxy (and not to use the private advertised addr).

please correct me if I'm wrong about something.

regards,
bogdan