[Devel] patch to postgresqldb.sh

Michal Buchtik buchtajz at borsice.net
Fri Jan 20 22:04:27 CET 2006

Hi, I make small changes and think that my be usefull to others.

Database is created in UTF-8 by default. User can modify variable
DBENCODING.

Second, I use two variables: DBSCHEMA and USE_SCHEMA_ONLY
DBSCHEMA is 'public' by default and USE_SCHEMA_ONLY is 'NO' for backward
compatibility with older instalations.
You can change both or only on of this variables.

For example, when you would like use existing database and install
tables without touch existing aplications,
set DBNAME='MyDatabase', DBSCHEMA='openser', USE_SCHEMA_ONLY='YES'.

But the question is, what is better:
- in openser.cfg, user must specify tables with schema
  (like lookup("<schema>.location"). Is this supported in every module?
- modify postgres module, to parse db_uri with schema
  (like postgres://username:password@host:port/database/schema)
   and use standard lookup("location")

I thing, second method is more transparent.

Thanks for comments

Michal Buchtik
buchtajz at borsice.net