[Devel] Re: uac_auth - set credentials with avpops

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Fri Jan 20 17:14:31 CET 2006

Don't get me wrong - I totally agree with you! But as I'm doing this
setup for a (relatively) small ISP and we are connecting our SIP Users
to one of the largest Italian telecommunication providers (more than
500 million euros of revenue in 2004) we have to work with what they
are willing to give as and at the moment it doesn't look as like they
would modify their SIP Proxys just to make me a personal favour...

(Such a modification may probably also cause them to somehow modify
their billing & reselling system etc)

Extending uac_auth allowing it to somehow use avpops would IMO be a
nice and useful feature - and I'll do my best to help realizing it.
Probably not by contributing code but for sure with ideas and intensive
testing.

I would be really happy if my suggestions could lead to an official
enhancement of OpenSER's uac module but I would also be happy if someone
could show me how such a patch should look like (maybe with some example
code).

If you don't think this to be a good idea at all I'll have to sit down
and learn enough C to write this patch by myself within the next days :)

Regards,
Thomas