[Devel] usrloc READONLY patch

Hendrik Scholz hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de
Thu Feb 16 11:37:49 CET 2006

Hi!

I contributed this to the Iptel SER five weeks ago and since the
same use cases apply for OpenSER I prepared a diff against CVS HEAD
and stored it at
http://dump.wormulon.net/patches/openser-usrloc_readonly.diff

Please regenerate the README when committing this since I only changed
doc/usrloc_user.sgml.

The READONLY db_mode added in this patch allows the sip server
to load its initial userbase from a database and then run without
a database afterwards.

This mode comes in handy in distributed setups that use other
means of location information propagation.

Hendrik

--
freenet Cityline GmbH, Hamburger Chaussee 2-4, 24114 Kiel, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)431 9020552, Fax: +49 (0)431 9020559
Internet: http://www.freenet.de, eMail: hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de