[Devel] Memory leak in 1.0.0?

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Sat Feb 4 15:40:59 CET 2006

Hi Bogdan.

The problem appeared again after a few days of uptime.

I compiled with that DBG_QM_MALLOC and set debug=9, but I cannot
understand what I have to look for in all that output...

Perhaps the sections that start with "dumping free list stats :"
indicate an un-freed memory chunk?
Anyway, I cannot understand how that information could be usefull to
find the code that allocated that chunk of memory....

Thank you for any hint.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Federico,
>
> compile with memory debug support: remove F_MALLOC and add the
> DBG_QM_MALLOC define in Makefile.defs (note you need to recompile
> everything).
>
> At shutdown, a complete report on the memory will be logs - it will help
> to spot potential mem leaks.
>
> BTW, this looks like errors generated by mysql (which uses the pkg
> memory) - are performing some huge query or something?
>
> Also try to increase the size of the pkg memory - maybe is not a leak,
> but simple is not enough.
>
> regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Federico Giannici wrote:
>
>> Is there any known memory leak in OpenSER 1.0.0?
>>
>> Today, after some days or running, I found the following error logs:
>>
>> Jan 20 10:32:04 eowyn OpenSER[19554]: convert_rows: No memory left
>> Jan 20 10:32:04 eowyn OpenSER[19554]: convert_result: Error while
>> converting rows
>> Jan 20 10:32:04 eowyn OpenSER[19554]: store_result: Error while
>> converting result
>>
>> So, I'd like to know if the problem is probably in MY code or could be
>> in the standard OpenSER code.
>>

>> Thanks.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it