[Devel] core timer and TM retransmission timers

Jean-François SMIGIELSKI jf-smig at ibelgique.com
Wed Dec 27 10:16:58 CET 2006

Hello again,

I proposed several weeks ago to change the core timer in OpenSER to get more precision.
This work is now done and my openser seems to work fine.
It was achieved with precise 'select' sleeps and the expirations are now evaluated on timeval structures.
The previous "jiffies" timer now registers on the "select" timer.

I also proposed to use this precise timer to manage the TM retransmission timers.
This is also done and seems to work fine. TM now conforms to the RFC3261 (with a different INVITE retransmission management).
This was done with a direct registration of TM on the precise timer (no more on the jiffies timer), and with timer lists only for INVITE.

But I had to do it first for openser 1.1.0, and I am preparing a port on the cvs sources. There is no real problem with that, I wrote new files and changed only a few.

I would submit my evolution to your analysis, but I don't know how.
Can I post a patch on this list?

JF Smigielski