[Devel] [ openser-Feature Requests-1620021 ] make siptrace dialog-awareness

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 21 10:58:24 CET 2006

Feature Requests item #1620021, was opened at 2006-12-21 11:58
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743023&aid=1620021&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
Andreas Granig: I'd like to propose to extend it to be dialog-aware for being really useful. This is because the typical scenario (in my opinion) is to provision a user-preference to trace messages from/to a specific user (because of some problem or whatever). So if an INVITE hits the proxy, siptrace gets activated and logs the transaction, which typically is INVITE, 1xx and finally 2xx. Since in-dialog requests (ACK, re-INVITE, BYE) are loose-routed, there is normally no usr_preferences lookup, and thus you are not able to determine whether siptrace should be activated.

I guess it will not be that hard hooking into the dialog api and trace in-dialog requests/replies too.