[Devel] Re: debian rules overwrites CFLAGS

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Dec 19 23:20:32 CET 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 19:25, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>  >  - -finline-all-stringops is only available on a few architectures
>
> Makefile.defs tries to test that:
> ifeq			($(CC_CLASS), 4.x)
> 					CPU ?= athlon64
> 					CFLAGS+=-minline-all-stringops \
> 							-falign-loops \
> 							-ftree-vectorize \
> 							-mtune=$(CPU)

I do not know where the problem lies but the test you mentioned above
fails spectacularly for me, as I get all the athlon64 flags even though I
compile on an Intel P4 32 bits. To be more exact I get these flags passed
to gcc when compiling directly with make (not via debuild):

-minline-all-stringops -falign-loops -ftree-vectorize -mtune=athlon64

which IMO is wrong in my case. I have raised this issue some time ago here
on this list but nobody answered so I gave up. Still -mtune=athlon64 is
not the right choice for an Intel P4 32 bits IMO.

--
Dan