[Devel] [ openser-Feature Requests-1344266 ] New column in trusted table

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 19 13:26:35 CET 2006

Feature Requests item #1344266, was opened at 2005-10-31 22:41
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by juhe
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743023&aid=1344266&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
I would like to suggest that a "description" column be
added to the "trusted" table.

As the rows in the trusted table grows, determining the
reason for a particular entry will become more
difficult. Without a "description" column, users will
have to create their own separate mechanism to
determine why a particular row in the table exists.

For example, a row might look at follows:

INSERT INTO `trusted` (`src_ip`, `proto`,
`from_pattern`, `description`) VALUES ('192.168.1.1',
'any', '^sip:.*$', 'OpenSER (ser1.example.com)')

If the decision is make not to add a "description"
column to the "trusted" table, users can add the column
on their own by issuing the following MySQL command:

alter table trusted add description varchar(32) null;

Note that in the above command, the maximum length of
the column is 32 characters.  I believe that a varchar
field has a maximum of 255.