[Devel] Interested in Contributing to OpenSER

Mon Dec 18 14:59:38 CET 2006

Hi Atul!

atul vaish wrote:
> Hi
> I am 4+ experience in Telcom,Broadband,wireless LAN,Network security and
> VOIP.
> I want to learn SIP more in depth and I have gone through SIP RFCs
> like 3261,3265 and 3263. I have written an application decode also for
> SIP to pass it through a security device.
> I want to know where i should start from on OPENSER. Pls guide me on
> this front.

What do you want to exactly? Set up a SIP service with openser? Or do
you already have it set up and need some extensions?

If you are new to openser, I suggest to setup a SIP service using
openser and play around with some SIP clients (e.g. xlite).

A good tutorial is the "getting started" from onsip.org
Although it uses ser instead of openser it discusses several parts of a
typical setup and most of them are identical to openser.

Once you have done that, take a look at all the docs online at openser.org:
http://www.openser.org/docs/

There is also a wiki discussing several problems:
http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

Thus, install it, use it, search the mailing list archive, ask questions
to the list.

regards
klaus

--