[Devel] CVS commitlog: sip-server/modules/tm mi.c

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.de
Fri Dec 15 14:32:02 CET 2006

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> now that i'm able to issue t_uac_dlg requests over xml-rpc, the next
> question is how can i get access to the reply?
>
> in fifo implementation that happened by reading the reply fifo file.
>
> i would assume that in xml-rpc implementation the reply would be
> returned in the params section of xml-rpc response to t_uac_dlg, but in
but then the xmlrpc call would have to wait until final response (or
timeout) of the request, which would not be desirable. I think using
xmlrpc the only ways would be that either t_uac_dlg returns a handle
which can be polled for the status of the request (bad - when should
openser forget the state which is saved for a request?), or one
parameter of the call would be a uri where a callback over xmlrpc could
be done by openser (ugly and bad aswell - this could block openser).

xmlrpc is not really suited for this, because of its simple
request-reply model which does not support anything like a callback
mechanism, do i see that right?

Stefan