[Devel] Xmlrpc Module

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Dec 8 15:58:40 CET 2006

Juha Heinanen writes:

 > Sent the following request:
 >
 > POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.0
 > Host: 127.0.0.1
 > Connection: close
 >
 > <?xml version="1.0" ?>
 > <methodCall>
 > 	<methodName>domain_dump</methodName>
 > </methodCall>

i found the problem.  openser xmlrpc server does not like
charset=ISO-8859-1 in Content-type.  the problem is that some other
servers require it if xml document contains non-ascii chars such as ä.

the spec says:

The Content-Type is text/xml.

but does not mention if any additional specifiers are allowed or not.

as i said, i have used this library for many years against many servers
and this is the first time when charset=ISO-8859-1 gives problems.

i guess i need to hack my xmlrpc call by giving it an extra parameters
that tells if charset is added or not.

-- juha