[Devel] Re: [Users] presence module

Anca-Maria Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Fri Dec 8 16:00:43 CET 2006

Hello,

henri keski-sikkila wrote:

> Anca-Maria Vamanu wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> The problem might be the fact that one of the changes included adding
>> a new column in watchers table.
>> Please take the updated sql script from:
>>
>> http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/presence:database-tables.
>>
>> Let me know if it works now.
>

> Hello,
>
> I tried with latest CVS and I updated watchers table. Before updating
> there was only one prosess that uses a lot of memory, but now it seems
> that there are more than one prosess that uses a lot of memory...

openser allocates a chunk of memory at startup and uses it with an
internal memory manager. The chunk seems used from the system, but there
might be free segments in it. So, during runtime, openser will not use
more than what was allocated at startup. In this case might be some
issue with the memory used by libxml2.

When OpenSER runs out of memory you will get such messages in syslog, see:
http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:memory
http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:private-memory-size

Could you follow the indication in troubleshooting:memory and make the
file with the logs available for download? Do you get "out of memory"
messages in syslog?