[Devel] Xmlrpc Module

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Dec 7 19:35:25 CET 2006

Hi Juha,

with the new MI interface there is no difference between the functions
accessible via fifo or xmlrpc, via sockunix or whatever - the function
name and its implementation is unique and it  can be triggered via all
present transport mechanism (fifo & xmlrpc for the moment) - the name
and the parameters are the same, disregarding the transport.

so, yes, you can access the "lcr_reload" command via xmlrpc.

As  said, the params are the same, but in MI there is no line concept;
the parameter are nodes and the mapping between the nodes and input is
done by the transport layer.

How fifo maps, see:
    http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/mi_fifo.html#AEN40
(basically a node is a line, but a node can be multi-line if quoted).

For xmlrpc, things are much simpler - an xml param node is a MI node.

Ex:
    FIFO
:get_statistics:xxxxxx
core:

    XMLRPC
<methodCall>
 <methodName>get_statistics</methodName>
 <params>
  <param>
  </param>
  <param>
  </param>
 </params>
</methodCall>

regarding the security concerns - I agree it is good to have, but I
think it is easier and more powerful do do it from iptables.

Regards,
Bogdan