[Devel] database tables

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Dec 6 15:29:48 CET 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 07:39, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Mike Williams writes:
>  > I think it would be a good idea to change all of the database tables
>  > created by OpenSER to having the primary key be an unsigned
>  > auto_incremented int named 'id'. The keys that are used now should
>  > become unique keys.
>
> mike,
>
> i have not seen much use for auto-increment id keys in implementing an
> openser management system.

Unless you write all your queries by hand and do not care, if you try to
use any more advanced database access module, you'll hit this issue fast.
Any object-relational-mapper (ORM) I know of, wants a primary key with
autoincrement named id in every table. Every modern web development
frameworks (ruby on rails, turbogears, ...) use such an ORM.

--
Dan